Saturday, January 5, 2019

Petite Paisleys

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another thinking of you card in this series of commissioned cards.


The card base is Stampin' Up Smoky Slate.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a pale yellow Recollections.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamped in Close To My Heart Outdoor Denim on more pale yellow.  The brads are of unknown origin.

One of the things I tried to do with this series of cards is to use up some of the scrap paper pieces that I have in my stash.  They seem to multiply more quickly than I can use them.  I love paisley and this piece has paisleys which are the perfect scale for a card.  It was interesting to use yellow for both layering and the sentiment, something quite outside my comfort zone.  I find yellow a very challenging colour to use but this one is so pale it's almost vanilla.  Again, this is a very simple layout that makes for a great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle 

No comments:

Post a Comment