Saturday, September 14, 2019

Rose Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a soft and subtle French sympathy card that will augment my own card stash.


The card base is of unknown origin.  The image is a die cut rose of unknown origin painted with LuminArte Rose Petal, Sage and Forest Green Twinkling H2Os.  The image is adhered to a piece of Recollections Vanilla textured with a Stampin' Up Sizzix embossing folder.  The sentiment is Bonnidée French Wording #1 stamped in Altenew Industrial Diamond on Recollections Vanilla and layered on a sage green of unknown origin.

This is such a beautifully soft card.  I found this rose die cut in my leftover bin but have no idea of it's origin.  It was cut in white so I decided to paint it with very watered down paints.  I hadn't originally planned to texture the background layer but once I dry fit all the layers together, I knew it needed something to add interest.  Goodness knows I've enough embossing folders to choose any number of interesting textures.  I only have this one French sentiment so very few options on that front.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment