Saturday, July 18, 2020

Retro Ornaments

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a bit of a retro Christmas card.


The card base is of unknown origin.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Melon Mambo and a white of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Avery Elle Noel stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections white and layered on a mirrored blue of unknown origin.  The card is highlighted with Diamond Stickles.

I  really love these retro Christmas ornaments.  They evoke a 1960s and 1970s style.  I thought this paper would work particularly well with this blue mirrored card base.  I placed the sentiment on an angle because it was the wrong size panel for the background layer.  I think I like the angled layout more when all is said and done.  This is some of the last of the Melon Mambo paper in my stash and I have yet to decide if I'll replace or turn to another pink.  I'm really trying to use up some of paper stash which needs to be pared down, a lot!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment