Sunday, October 11, 2020

A Fantastic Floral

 Hello everyone,

Today's post is a wonderful floral birthday card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss.  The image is The Artful Stamper stamped on Gina K Heavy White with Versafine Onyx Black and painted with LuminArte Razzleberry, Royal Orchid, Black Cherry, Lemongrass, Mango Mamba, Plum Blossom and Green Tea Twinkling H2Os.  The image panel is layered on Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green and Pale Plum.  The sentiment is Gina Marie All Seasons stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and is layered on more Pale Plum.  The flower embellishment is of unknown origin and is highlighted with Fruit Punch Stickles.

I love everything about this card!  The image is an absolute favourite for painting because it is not overly intricate or fussy and if I'm careful, I can stay within the lines.  It also allows for a lot of different colours though I don't always make the best choices.  I try to use a heavier cardstock for painting because there is less chance of warping.  I really love the pop of the Granny Apple Green layer which, to my eye, is perfect against the richness of Blackberry Bliss.  It's a great result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment