Saturday, October 10, 2020

Flourished Butterflies

 Hello everyone,

Today's post is a lovely birthday card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Lost Lagoon.  The image is Sweet & Sassy Stamps Butterfly Flourish stamped on Recollections White with Altenew Galactic Stream and heat embossed with Close To My Heart silver pearl embossing powder.  The image panel is layered on Momenta Worn Silver, Close To My Heart Glacier and Recollections White.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The card is highlighted with Silver Stickles.

I haven't used this image in a long time.  Notwithstanding the butterflies, it's a little over-flourished and much more fussy than my usual style.  That said, I wanted to make a very feminine card and I'm quite pleased with this result.  I love the worn silver layer which adds a little extra shine.  I don't know if I've said it before but silver pearl is my favourite embossing powder.  I find it a little magical how it changes a bold ink colour to a pearlized shade.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment