Sunday, April 14, 2019

Cardinal Red

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a fantastic red birthday card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Real Red.  The image is Close To My Heart Fabulous You stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and coloured with Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities markers and Tombow 055.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions Petite Scribbled Sentiments 'Everyday' also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White.  The image and sentiment panels are layered on Recollections Black and Recollections White.  The embellishments are Crafts rhinestone stickers.

Given my personal challenge for this commission was to use stamped images, I couldn't help but use these great larger Close To My Heart images.  This cardinal had me thinking of my father.  This is a simple panel card.  Once I'd selected all the elements, it came together really quick and easy.  The result is very striking as a red/white/black colour combination is 'no fail'.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment