Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Beautifully Bold

 Hello everyone,

Today's post is a 'thinking of you' card that is quite different from the other cards in this commission.

The card base is Recollections Black.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Poppy Parade.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Poppy Red and Recollections Black.  The embellishments are Forever In Time Rhinestone Medley.

I've always loved this red and black floral paper but have hesitated using it because it's quite dark.  I do really love this red and black combination regardless.  The poppy red layer is quite bright and I think helps makes this a more cheerful card than it may otherwise be.  This sentiment is quite large with the vanilla that just pops.  I love the row of rhinestones even though they may be a little on the darker side.  It's a much happier result than I thought I'd get when I first started pulling all the elements together.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment