Saturday, February 27, 2021

Modern Garden Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a fun but funky garden 'birthday' card.

The card base is Recollections Vanilla Linen Texture.  The printed paper is Authentique “Adventure” Wildflower layered on a red Recollections.  The sentiment is Stampin’ Up Here’s a card stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite on Recollections Vanilla.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.

This card was both fun and frustrating to craft.  The elements were much more difficult to choose as I just couldn't find the right coordinating solids - thankfully my scrap bin has a wide variety of bits and pieces.  I'm not all that fussy on the printed paper beause the colours are rather bland and the overall style is just a little too modern for me even though I think it is suppose to be 'retro'.  It's all just a confusing mess!  I was thrilled to find this small piece of ribbon which allowed me to add a knot.  Given the cards are not mailed, I don't have to concern myself with bulk.  It's not a terrible result but this isn't a card I'd repeat.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment