Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Elegant Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a pair of elegant 'birthday' cards.

The card bases are The Paper Studio and Recollections Vanilla Linen TextureThe printed paper is K & Company Butterfly Collage layered on a brushed silver of unknown origin and, Close To My Heart Charcoal and more Recollections Vanilla Linen Texture.  The sentiments are Stampin’ Up Here’s a Card both stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite and Industrial Diamond on Recollections Vanilla and an ivory of unknown origin layered on more brushed silver and Charcoal.  The ribbon is Michael’s Special Value.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Licorice Opaques.

My process for crafting these cards was to prepare the printed paper, card bases, envelops and some sentiments for all 200 cards before adhering all the elements and adding embellishments.  As I was starting the latter part of the process, I realized I had duplicated a number of printed papers so I decided to post them as pairs.  I actually love showing how similar elements can result in very different cards.  In this case, I really love this Butterfly Collage paper which offers any number of options for color coordinating.  It is great to show the horizontal and vertical results.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle  

No comments:

Post a Comment