Friday, February 26, 2021

Butterfly Birthdays

 Hello everyone,

Today's post is another great pair of 'birthday' cards.

The card bases are Craft Smith and Recollections Vanilla Linen Texture.  The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a purple Recollections and a bright blue of unknown origin and, a moss green a dark tan both of unknown origin.  The sentiments are Stampin’ Up Here’s a Card stamped in Altenew Pure Graphite on Recollections Vanilla and, Close To My Heart Happy Birthday stamped in Stampin’ Up Early Espresso on an ivory of unknown origin.  The sentiments are layered on more purple, bright blue, moss green and dark tan.  The embellishments are Starry Night, Diamond and Waterfall Stickles and purple brads of unknown origin.

I just love butterfly paper but this isn't my favourite.  I find the beige background rather blah though the colours of the butterflies are fine.  I hadn't even realized I'd chosen this paper twice when I was preparing the basic elements.  Both vertical cards are very similar but using different coordinating solids selected from the printed paper.  These are both very simple and standard layouts with the final results coming together quite quickly.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment