Saturday, February 13, 2021

Out Of This World

 Hello everyone,

Today's post is a fun birthday card I crafted for my daughter's boyfriend's father.

The card base is Recollections White.  The printed paper is Carta Bella Space Academy layered on Stampin' Up Ruby Red and Close To My Heart Charcoal.  The sentiment is Altenew Birthday Builder stamped in Stampin' Up Ruby Red on Recollections White and layered on more Ruby Red.  The mini square silver brads are of unknown origin.

Thanks to the pandemic we've yet to meet our daughter's boyfriend's parents so I was a little worried about crafting him a birthday card however once I heard 'space' I knew I had the perfect paper for his card.  The elements all came together quickly.  I love how the font of the sentiment is computer-like and I think it works great for the overall space theme.  Placement of the font was dictated by the paper as I couldn't use the design 'sweet spot' without hiding too much of the space ship.  It's a great result and was very well received.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment