Thursday, July 12, 2018

Red Jingle Bells

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last of the Christmas cards commissioned by my girlfriend.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Mistletoe designer series paper layered on Soft Seafoam.  The sentiment is Flonz Merry Christmas 808 stamped in Early Espresso on a white of unknown origin and layered on more Soft Seafoam.  The ribbon is from Multicrafts.  The embellishment is of unknown origin.

At the end of this commission I was struggling a bit for inspiration and whenever that happens I turn to Stampin' Up.  Everything coordinates so perfectly and it makes things so easy.  I love the scale of this paper because it's just perfect for smaller cards.  The ribbon treatment was also interesting but took me some research.  I had remember seeing it on this Simplicity blog post and really liked it because it a pretty flat bow.  This is a very narrow ribbon so bulk wasn't really an issue but I want to ensure the 'bow' would stay horizontal so I could add an embellishment.  I've got the blog post bookmarked now!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment