Thursday, April 16, 2020

Simple Thoughts

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another wonderful 'thinking of you' card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Whisper White.  The printed paper was made using shaving cream and a variety of Stampin' Up re-inkers (the shaving cream technique) and is layered on Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry and Taken With Teal, and a white of unknown origin.  The sentiment is My Favorite Things Brushstroke Expressions stamped in Taken With Teal on Whisper White and layered on more Taken With Teal.  The embellishment is a metal flower from Multicrafts and a Crafts brad highlighted with Holiday Cheer Nuvo Glitter Drops.

I used this shaving cream technique on a number of papers a couple of years ago and had a fair bit of leftovers in my stash.  I thought it would be great for this series of cards I've been making for friends and family.  I think the layers on this card are great as they really highlight the swirls of colour in the printed paper.  I think I probably should have re-inked my Taken With Teal stamp pad as the impression of the sentiment is a little on the light side.  It took me a while to figure out an appropriate embellishment and I'm quite happy with the final result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment