Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Birthday Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a birthday card I crafted for my French teacher who recently celebrated her birthday.


The card base is Recollections White.  The image is Memory Box First Flight stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Beige, Crimson, Rust and Crimson Copper on Recollections White and layered on a brushed gold of unknown origin and Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss.  The image panel is a piece of Ranger alcohol inked Yupo paper.  The sentiment is Bonnidée French Wording #1 stamped in Blackberry Bliss on Recollections White and layered on more brushed gold and Blackberry Bliss.  The card is highlighted with Mercury Glass Stickles.

My French teacher is a great woman.  We really have a great time together no matter how many times she has to correct my terrible grammar.  I didn't have anything particular in mind when I sat down at my desk to craft but knew her carded needed colour and a bit of sparkle.  This is a great image with which to use multiple ink colours.  The few Tsukineko inks that I have are the cat's eye style so, like ink spots, are easy to use when inking an image.  I adhered the sentiment on an angle because I felt it flowed well with the 'flight' of butterflies.

My teacher loved her card!  You'd think she'd been given a huge gift not just a simple card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment