Thursday, March 12, 2020

Birthday Stem

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a great French birthday card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Night of Navy.  The image is a Sizzix Wildflower Stems #1 die, cut from a piece of Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and layered on DCWV Foiled silver card stock. The card is highlighted with Silver Stickles.

I've decided to make a series of all occasion cards as a thank you for my French teacher.  I've been spending some time playing with alcohol inks lately and decided a few alcohol inked wildflower stem cards would be perfect.  These are quite simple cards with an easy elegance.  Of course, a little sparkle is just a necessity.  I love a blue/silver/white colour combination with the alcohol inked stem blending all these colours.  It's a great result.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment